The Basics of Mediation Training
October 1-4, Thursday-Sunday & October 10, Saturday
9:30am-6:00pm PDT | Online via Zoom
Community Boards’ nationally recognized The Basics of Mediation introduces core conflict resolution skills in a training designed for managers, human resource professionals, attorneys, ombuds, social workers, community organizers, and others interested in learning conflict resolution and mediation skills.
Basics introduces and reinforces critical skills for effective conflict resolution. They have positive impacts in a variety of settings. At the training you’ll learn conflict resolution techniques and strategies through presentations, discussions, supportive coaching, and extensive role-plays.
Here’s a snapshot of the Basics training syllabus:
- The Dynamics of Conflict
- Conflict Stages & Interventions
- Conflict Management Styles
- Active Listening Skills
- Roadblocks to Communication
- Strong Emotions & Conflict
- Reframing Toxic Statements
- Empathy in Mediation
- Assumptions & Core Identities
- Similarities, Differences, Biases & Privilege