Here are the ways you can “get involved” at Community Boards:
We encourage people interested in supporting our mission and our work to become members. Click here for more information about our Membership Program.
If you would like to become one of our volunteer Community Mediators, you must take The Basics of Mediation training. We provide a limited number of scholarships to help us maintain the diversity of our mediator pool. Click here for information about The Basics of Mediation.
Direct Program Operations & Services
You may wish to assist with intake & case management during business hours. To do so, you need to join our Internship Program. Click here for information about our Internship Program.
Outreach & Public Education
Outreach and public education are important, ongoing activities. We always have a number of opportunities. If you’re interested, please contact Margery Fairchild, Community Engagement Coordinator, (415) 920-3820 x102, or email her at Learn_More@communityboards.org with her name in the subject line.
- Meetings of neighborhood, homeowner & merchant/business associations
- Street fairs & festivals (especially SF Sunday Streets, March-October)
- Professional, neighborhood & social mixers
- SF Police Department: officer roll calls (daily) & community meetings (monthly)
- Communications with SF district supervisors & public officials
- Public speaking presentations with Q&A [10-15 minutes]
- Tabling @ street festivals or SF Sunday Streets [2-hour shifts]
- Meeting with various public officials and city agencies [Will vary]
- Taking photographs or videos [1 hour]
- Networking @ social, professional & community mixers [You decide!]
- Assisting with day-of-event logistics [1-2 hours]