Community Boards’ Conflict Resolution Clinics are intensive, two-hour workshops designed for both new and experienced conflict resolution practitioners, attorneys, HR managers, specialists, and other interested individuals. Led by seasoned professionals, these clinics cover an exciting variety of topics and conflict resolution and restorative justice practices.
Upcoming Conflict Resolution Clinics
Meditation Before Mediation
- Trainer: Chioma Uruakpa
- Date & Times: December 14, Thursday, 5:30-7:30pm PST
- Cost: CB Member, $25 | Public, $45
- Location: Live Interactive Workshop on Zoom
After registering, you will receive the Zoom information by email.
Back to top
Meditation before Mediation is an offering for new and veteran mediators alike! The intention for this clinic is to provide you with tools you can share with the parties in your practice.
In their workshop, Chioma will provide you with a framework to incorporate the benefits of deep breathing into your mediation. Goals: (1) To feel more grounded when meeting folx in a state of conflict, (2) for you to learn how to meet and lessen stress you may experience as a spaceholder.
In this workshop, we will…
- Do a grounding body scan meditation
- Gain an introductory understanding of what breathwork/pranayama is
- Take time and space to feel more connected to each other, and learn what your experiences with meditation have been thus far
- Have a 45 minute breathwork session
- Have space for Q+A/discussion
You’ll leave this clinic with the capacity to…
- Feel more grounded and open to hear and speak with people you may have just met who are in a state of conflict.
- Use breathing techniques to relax when you are triggered or begin to feel a flight or flight response and need to maintain neutral ground while you are IN a session.
- Share your new, improved relaxed energy with your clients and peers to gain trust and understanding when working in high stakes situations.
Chioma Uruakpa (They/Them) is a Nigerian-Jamaican New Yorker passionate about supporting, inspiring, and holding space for healing, most specificially for queer and trans’+ folx of color. Most recently, they’ve worked with with Philadelphia Outward Bound School, where they gained experience in holding enriching space outdoors for youth in the Philly public school system.
Chioma is an alum of the City College of New York, where they earned a BA in International Studies and Sociology. They were certified in Breathwork Facilitation by FREQUENCY, a Breathwork and Meditation Studio in NYC. Chioma is a Black non-binary creative passionate about the healing power of pleasure, the outdoors, community cultivation, and healing justice. In early 2023, they worked with Communtiy Boards as a Housing Stabilization Coordinator, supporting Community Boards as a partner of the Rising Up Initiative.
Clinic Cancellation & Transfer Fees
If you cancel more than 24 hours before the clinic start time, there is a $7.50 cancellation fee. This fee will be waived one time if registration is transferred to a subsequent clinic that begins within twelve months of the training start date. No refunds for cancellations 24 hours or less before the clinic start time.
Trainings: Sarah Moss, Mediation and Training Coordinator, email@example.com
General inquiries: Jim Garrison, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org