Our high quality, low cost mediation services have helped thousands of people resolve their problems.
This is how our mediation process works:
- You contact us and explain the problem. We’ll ask questions and answer yours.
- If you decide to proceed, we require a $20 payment to open your case. (No one is turned away for lack of funds.)
- We contact the other person(s) and explain our mediation process and invite them to participate in mediation.
- If all parties agree to meet, we schedule a time that works for everyone.
- We find the best mediators to work with you depending on the specific issues you are having . We typically assign three mediators to each mediation.
- The mediators help the parties discuss the problem and then identify the best options for resolving it. The disputants themselves negotiate the most workable solution.
- Final agreements may be oral or written. They represent a true commitment of all parties to resolve the problem.
Mediations can be scheduled mornings, afternoons or evenings, Monday through Friday, or Saturday mornings. Most mediations take about three hours.
Here’s a one-page description of how our Neighborhood Mediation Program works: Neighborhood Mediation Program
To start a mediation call us at (415) 920-3820 x100, Monday-Thursday, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM. You can also use our online form by clicking “Start s Mediation” below.